Due to the Excessive Heat Warning, I strongly urge all
Associations to practice accordingly to prevent any heat related issues.
Two high school football players and one coach (Donteria
Searcy 16 of Florida, Forrest Jones 16 of Atlanta, and Wade McLain 55
of Texas) died yesterday all from heat related causes during football
Below are the specs that I have prepared to send to my
association during the Excessive Heat Warning:
**Southwest Valley Bolts Mandatory Excessive
Heat Warning Procedures**
- Each player and coach will drink at minimum of 10
ounces of cold water upon arrival
- First Hour of Practice: (Stretches, Calisthenics, and
Conditioning) will be done without equipment [No Helmets & Shoulder
- Coaches are to carry water with them at every station
to hydrate players frequently and to look for any signs of heat exhaustion
- Full breaks every 20 minutes to cool down and hydrate
- Should any player or coach show signs of heat
exhaustion, they are to be moved to a cool and shaded location and cooled
down with cold wet towels and hydrate
- Signs of Heat Exhaustion:
- Muscle Cramps
- Signs of heat stroke is an emergency. Call 911 and know
your park address!
- Signs of Heat Stroke:
- High Body Temperature
- Rapid Pulse
- Difficulty Breathing
- Strange Behavior
- These procedures are to be followed until the Excessive
Heat Warning levels change or are lowered.
Again I strongly encourage that you use the my Excessive
Heat Warning Specs or create your own for your association.